Saturday, September 30, 2023

Happy Fall

 Hello Stitching Friends

Well in my corner of the world we are now in Fall Season - the Leaves are starting to turn into their beautiful colors.  The Leaves are starting to fall.  The Grass does not need mowing as much.  It has been two weeks since I have had my grass mowed.  This Coming Monday I will have my grass mowed.  It sort of needs it.  I have somebody mow it for me.  

This Weekend in my town we are having the Big Town Wide Event this entire weekend.  It is called Falloween Fest.  It is at the high school where I graduated from so long ago.  We have the Big Parade which is the Kick Off for the Falloween Fest and the best part is that it goes right past my house.  I do not have to leave to see the parade.  Two of my cousins were in the Parade and my Church was in the Parade last night.  It was so great to see all of my friends and my cousins and my church in the Parade.  I got a New Hat- tons of Candy thrown right at me - a Free Hot Dog - all from the Parade.  I love it.  The Parade was last night - Friday Night.  

I really enjoyed the Parade last night - I love seeing the real old cars in the Parade with their Music Playing.  There is a couple in my town that has this really neat car and it is identical to the Bat Mobile that was in the Batman - Robin TV Show.  This Car is identical to that.  I love seeing this Car.  It is so neat looking and I always call it the Bat Mobile every time I see this car.  The couple only drives it during the summer months but not very often though and it is in the Parade every year.  It is so cool looking.  

I was going to go get me a Elephant Ear today since that is the only thing that I get during the Falloween Fest but they are over $10.00 now to get one so I decided not to get one.  I know its only once a year but I just want a Peaceful Quiet Day and Evening and not be around a whole bunch of people.  I love staying home with Buttercup and spending the day with him and be very lazy today.  All of the Events are at the high school so that is about 6 blocks away from my house.  My Street was full of people last night due to the Parade.  The Falloween Fest is from Friday Night to Sunday early evening.  It ends at 6 p.m. on Sunday Evening.  Usually Saturday is when everybody goes to the Falloween Fest.  That is the only full day that we have for the Falloween Fest.  It goes from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. 

I have 6 Books checked out from my County Library but I would have to spend all of my time reading my Library Books and I would not get nothing else done.  So I have decided to just read my own books from my own shelves.  This way I can take my time in reading my Books and still do what I need to get done and to have some stitching time as well.  I Pre Order The Iron Flame which is the Sequel to Fourth Wing.  I have Fourth Wing on my Kindle but I would love to get the Physical Book as well which I will be getting next month - October.  I love reading Fantasy and Cozy Mysteries and Children's Books.  I am currently reading Knits, Knots, and Knives by Emmie Caldwell.  I am almost done with this Book.  It is a Cozy Mystery and its my own book.  I will be taking my Library Books back to the Library probably sometime tomorrow afternoon.  As much as I love going to the Library I just need to take my time in reading my Books and not have to worry about trying to get them read by a certain date.  I know I can renew them but its not the same.  I dearly love my County Library - the Staff is fantastic - we have the Self Check Out Computerized System - we have the Self  Automatic Computerized Return Slot for all of your Return Items and you get a Receipt if you chose to get one.  This is why I love my County Library.  Also too - my High School English Teacher works at the County Library and I get to see her every time I go there.  

This is all for now...

Take Care & Happy Stitching

God Bless You

Love & Prayers

Linda K, Buttercup 


4 comments:

  1. Hi Linda: It sounds like a fun time long but fun, how nice to have the parade come in front of your home, so cool.
    I am an avid reader, I belong to two bookclubs love being with the other readers.
    Have a great weekend.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun. Sounds like all the festivals they show in Gilmore girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun time coming up in your town. I too live in the town where I graduated high school, 42 years ago. Yikes! I have to carve out time from my stitching to read! It never used to be that way😆

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you enjoyed Falloween Fest Linda. I can't believe that elephant ear would be over $10, that is CRAZY and I wouldn't have got one either.

    ReplyDelete