Friday, February 22, 2019

QS Library Fairy 5 Progress

QS Library Fairy 5 - Artist is Randal Spangler - Designer is Michele Sayetta - HAED Chart - Thursday Feb 21, 2019

QS Library Fairy 5
HAED Chart
Artist is Randal Spangler
Designer is Michele Sayetta

Stitching this on 28 Count White Jobelan
1 x 1 Full Cross Stitch

I got most of her head - hair - Face - Neck done this week.  Worst of the Confetti Stitching is done now.  Most of the rest of Page 2 is pretty easy with a few Confetti Stitching thrown in here and there.  

I recevied a compliment from Randal Spangler himself stating that my Picture - Stitching - looks much better than his Original Drawing of this.  That made me feel good inside.  I don't very often get a compliment like this from a Artist stating that my Stitching - Picture looks so much better than their own drawing of what I am stitching.  That is pretty amazing if you ask me.  

In case you are wondering what those threads are on top....they are called Waste Knot Threads.  When you get done with a stitch you string your thread over so far underneath your fabric...than you pull it through to the top and than you make a small knot on top of your fabric.  Than when you stitch over the back threads that you have strung on the back side of your fabric than you can cut the knot off.  You make the knot close to the top of your fabric.  By doing it this way the back side won't be all lumpy and all of that cause it will get lumpy if you don't use the Waste Knot Thread Method.  

I am enjoying stitching this.  I am making this for my local library.  

Thanks for looking....

God Bless You
Love & Prayers
Linda K, Buttercup 

2 comments:

  1. I've often seen people mention the waste knot threads but there was never any explanation WHY they use them! This makes so much sense now. :) And how neat that the artist himself commented on your stitching~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this picture. How many pages is it in total? My largest one was 10 pages.

    ReplyDelete