Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Sad News - Death In The Family

Dear Friends

   I have some sad news to tell you:

     My Cousin Mike whom my younger brother and I are really close to has passed away.  Mike was a very special neat awesome orniery cousin of ours. 

   My younger brother and I spent alot of our childhood growing up years at their house - My Uncle Royce and Aunt Betty and their three boys at their house - and we stayed at their house for a long time due to our Dad being in the hospital at the time.  We spent many nights sitting on the floor of my cousin's Mike's bedroom - covered up with a blanket - sitting in the dark - and watching Frankenstein many nights.  We went to their house on Sunday afternoons after my Dad got out of the hospital and we ate our Sunday Afternoon Dinners there every Sunday.  My Uncle Royce who is still alive and lives in the same house as he did when we went there as a child made the best Potato Salad that you ever want to eat. 

   We have so many memories of staying with them, playing at their house, playing on the Hill, eating our Sunday Afternoon Dinner's there.  My younger brother and I played with our cousins every chance we got and we played on the Hill which was so much fun.  He has two other brothers who are just as orniery as ever. 

Yesterday was the Viewing of my cousin and I didn't get to go and today is his Memorial Service.  I can't go to his Memorial Service either. 

Our Cousin Mike was a Dentist and after he closed up his Practice he moved to Florida with his family and he started to travel to Foreign Countries as a Missionary and he practiced his Dentistry to the Poor People in the Foreign Countries.  He loved doing this.  This was his Gift from God that he dearly loved doing.  He was planning his next trip to a Foreign Country when he passed away.  He was a very special Missionary and he loved doing this.  He also loved Hiking and all of that - he was a outdoor person as well.  Him and his second wife has 4 kids - not sure their age. 

He is going to be greatly missed by all of us cousins and his immediate family as well.  He is going to be missed by all of the people that he took care of their Teeth for them here in the US and abroad. 

It has been a very rough couple of days and today is not going to be any easier due to his Memorial Service.  I cried all yesterday morning -afternoon - and last night.  Every time I think of our Cousin Mike I start crying.  Like I said my younger brother and I plus my Dad and Mom were really close to our Aunt Betty and Uncle Royce and their three Boys - Mike - Steve - and Dennis.  Mike is the one that passed away.  We spent countless hours and days and nights at their house when we was growing up. 

My younger brother got our Cousin Mike's GI Joe Set and those two played together every chance they got on the Hill with the GI Joe Set. 

Mike's Birthday is on the same day as mine is and we are 6 years apart...Mike is older than me.  I am not sure but I think he Died unexpectedly.  There was nothing wrong with me.  He was a very healthy person. 

May you Rest In Peace Cousin Mike...you will be greatly missed by Everyone!  Love You Cousin Mike.  We will miss you!  Thanks for being a very orniery wonderful super fantastic special awesome cousin.  We Love You Cousin Mike! 

Love & Prayers
God Bless You
Linda K, Buttercup

4 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss. May these great memories you have of him help you through this tough time. We have cousins like this too who we mostly grew up with, every birthday, every holiday we spent together. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for your loss linda. What a nice man to do missionary work. He went home to the lord. Have a blessed easter. Huggs🌻

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to read of your loss. It's lovely that you have such fond memories of your cousin, Mike.

    ReplyDelete