Saturday, January 13, 2018

Progress on Beloved Rose Of Sharon

Beloved Rose Of Sharon by Paula Vaughan - More Progress on this - Friday Jan 12, 2018

Beloved Rose Of Sharon by Paula Vaughan

28 Count Ice Blue Lugana

2 x 2 full Cross Stitch

I am slowly getting there...this is my progress as of Thursday Night.  There is tons of Back Stitching and tons of Quarter Stitches.  I am making this for my Friend who pick this pattern out for me to make it for her.  This is my 5th Paula Vaughan Pattern that I have done so far.  I love Paula Vaughan Patterns.  They are so Antique looking and so calming and so very pretty.  I stitch this at night while I am watching TV.  

My Area got an Ice Storm the night before last so today I went out and thawed out my poor Frozen Car.  My Car Alarm was stuck so it kept going off whenever I open my car door up or put my key into the Ignition.  It was frozen too so I let it sit for a while.  Than I went back out and I managed to open my car door up without my Alarm going off and to start my car up without my alarm going off.  I let it run til it got up to the half way mark on the temp gauge and while I was letting it run I shoveled around my car and half of my side of the street so the town would not plow me in.  It is snowing and extremely cold out today.  I may go out later this afternoon and shovel around my car so the town does not plow me in.  I am trying to keep my side of the street shovel so that does not happen.  I think we are suppose to get up to 3 inches of snow I think.  I wish it would stop snowing.  

I am still reading Miriam's Heart by Emma Miller and Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe.  I love Reading but lately my stitching has taken over my Reading but today and tomorrow I am going to spend these two days Reading.  I am taking a Break from Stitching.  

I did start a new project the other night called "QS Library Fairy 5" - It is a HAED Pattern - The Artist is Randal Spangler and the Designer is Michele Sayetta.  I managed to get the first 10 x 10 block done last night.  I will post a picture of this one sometime soon.  I am making this one for my town's New Public Library which will be finished sometime in June.  I am hoping to have this one done by June - at least the Stitching part of it anyways.  

I think that is about it for now...I hope that you are all having a very wonderful day - night - morning.  Have A Very Wonderful day!

God Bless You
Love & Prayers
Linda K, Buttercup 

4 comments:

  1. There is lots of detail in that design. Such heavy snow - stay safe and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely - I love Paula Vaughn designs to look at but don't have the perseverance to do all the partial stitches. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first ever cross stitch was a Paula Vaughan! She designs such pretty charts. Stay warm and keep stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rose of Sharon is looking nice. Stitching has taken over my reading too. The only time I read now is in bed before sleeping and that might be for only 15 or 20 minutes. I have a hurting shoulder so I may take a self-imposed 'break' from stitching. It hurts when I stitch. Since we don't get ice storms here, all I can say is hang in there.

    ReplyDelete