Saturday, September 30, 2017

What A Beautiful Day

Dear Friends

It is a gorgeous beautiful fall day here in Northern Indiana...the sun is out...the leaves are falling...the trees are turning.  Love the Fall Weather.  Fall is so beautiful with all of the Trees turning and the leaves are falling down to the ground.  I love it!  I love to sit in the mornings in my chair with my Coffee Cup in Hand and Covered up with my Fleece Blanket Reading my Book.  My Mornings could not be more perfect than that. 

My girlfriend who I told you about that lost her one brother two months ago...well unfortunately and very sad she lost her one and only living brother.  This family has been through so much over the last few months and when a family loses two brothers - two sons within two months time it is so heart breaking and so very sad.  The Funeral Home was standing room only on the day of the funeral.  Richie loved driving a Truck and he loved to go traveling all over on his motorcycle with his beautiful wife.  They both had their own Motorcycles.  They also loved to go Bowling on Sunday Evenings.  Him and his wife has been all over the USA traveling on their Motorcycles. 

On the Day of his Funeral they transformed a Semi - the front part of the Semi - into a Motorcycle and than the rest of it was a flatbed Semi Trailer.  They put his Casket on the Flatbed Trailer and took his casket to the Cemetary.  There was also a Motorcycle Motorcade too that followed behind the Motorcycle/Semi Flatbed Trailer.  He took his last ride through town and the town had flags on each of the light poles in Honor of Richie.  People stood outside of their Businesses and Paid their Respects.  I am sitting here all teary eye telling you this.  It was a very heart warming awesome but yet a very sad day.  He Seved in the Military for a alot of years so they had Military Services at the Graveside. 

They had a Funeral Dinner afterwards and they ran out of food during the Funeral Dinner. 

My girlfriend and her Mom are doing okay and they have been staying busy which I am glad that they are.  Richie's wife works at a Military Academy in one of the offices so this will help her to keep her mind off of things too a little bit.  Its still going to be very difficult for all of them.  Please keep the Kunkle Family in your Prayers.  They need all of the Prayers that they can get. 

I have not been stitching hardly at all - between everything that has been going on in my life I just haven't had the time to Crochet or to Stitch. 

Last Weekend my town had our annual Falloween Fest with the Big Huge Parade last Friday Night plus all of the Festivities that went on for the rest of the weekend.  I went to it all three days.  It was a very miserable weekend due to the extreme hot humid weather but the school was open where it was held at since there was activities going on inside the school.  It was nice and cool in the school.  I got my Cherry Snow Cone - My Fish Dinner - My Elephant Ear - My Hot Dog and Fries.  That is all I wanted was those things.  One of the Booths was a Garage Sale and it was held in the back of the school so I went to that and they had tons of books for sale so I bought 4 Young Reader Books that I never heard of before and they sound really good.  I got them like for 25 cents each.  One of them was a Nancy Drew Book - Yes!  I am collecting all of Nancy Drew Books very slowly. 

My Town is getting a New Library and they have started to Build the New Library...I am getting so excited.  It is only going to be one floor I think but it is going to be so nice to sit on soft seats - read  or whatever you want to do.  I will be able to walk to the Library too except for during the Winter Months.  The New Library is going to have so many neat things - like the saying goes...it may be small but it will be mighty!  I got to see the Lay Out of the New Library and it is going to be really nice. 

Right now I am Reading My Own Books that I have here at home.  I am trying to finish up the Alphabet Mystery Series by Sue Grafton.  I am Reading J right now.  I have Read A - I so far and now I am on J. 

I finished reading a Kindle Book called Antiques Swap by Barbara Allen I think that is her last name.  It is a really good book. 

I want to get some of my Own Books Read. 

Well I think that is all for now....

Have A Beautiful Day

God Bless You
Love & Prayers
Linda K

3 comments:

  1. So sorry about your friend losing her last brother. My prayers will be with her. That library sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad news when a much loved family loose a member.
    Great news you are to get a new library, they are so valuable to communities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about another loss for your friend's family. I will keep them in my prayers.

    I am curious to know - what is an Elephant Ear? I don't think we have them in the UK.

    ReplyDelete