Tuesday, October 10, 2017

My Beloved Railroad - My Cat - has passed away

Dear Friends

    This Past Friday - Oct 6, 2017 - My Beloved Railroad - My Cat - passed away at 7 a.m. in our Kitchen.  He was laying in front of our Kitchen Sink.  My Heart just sank clear to the ground.  When he took his last Breath on Friday at 7 a.m. part of my heart went with him.  I was so upset! 

Railroad found me one early summery night - morning when I was out walking and he was just a baby kitty back then...maybe a year old.  That little stinker followed me all the way home - 6 blocks - on his tiny little paws.  I did pick him up at one point and carried him for a while but he wanted back down and he walked right beside me all the way home.  We was near the Railroad Tracks when he decided that I was going to be his Mommy for the rest of his life and he told me that he was going to come home with me and live with me.  Sure enough he did. 

He slept in my car that night on top of my hooded sweatshirt that was laying in my back seat.  I gave him water and food and put it in my car.  That little stinker curl up and went right to sleep and he slept all night long on that hooded sweatshirt.  He was completely worn out and so sleepy.  I had my window down part way so he could get fresh air. 

The next morning I took him back where he found me and I felt so dang guilty that I went back and pick him up again and he lived with me than for the rest of his life until Friday Morning Oct 6, 2017 when he took his last breath at 7 a.m. 

I am having him cremated and I get his Ashes back.  I now have Chewy's Ashes - Peanut's Ashes - and pretty soon I get Railroad's Ashes. 

I was so upset this past weekend plus Sunday was my Dad's Birthday and Railroad passed away two days before my Dad's Birthday.  I was a mess this past weekend.  Railroad was the love of my life and he knew that early morning that he would be very well taken care of and very spoiled at that when he followed me all the way home and after I went and pick up again from the same place and brought him home.  He was sure orniery.

He did not show no signs of being sick or nothing - he was fine until 5 a.m. Friday morning when he woke me up crying out.  My Vet does not open up until 7:30 so as soon as my Vet open up I took my poor Railroad to the Vet.  Well he died at 7 a.m. that morning. 

Railroad was the love of my life - he was my very first kitty cat that I got to keep and to spoil.  I am so very lost without him.  The hard part is when I get up in the mornings.  He is no longer here to wake me up - to beg for his Tuna Fish - to run to the refrigerator after he would wake me up and let me know that it was time for his Tuna Breakfast.  Every morning he would run to the refrigerator - wait for me to open the Refrigerator Door - stick his head inside of the Refrigetator and tell me where his Tuna fish was at - than I would put his Tuna Fish in his special tuna fish bowl, just a small amount - and while he was eating his Tuna he would make the most cutest purring sounds that you ever want to hear. 

He lived to be 10 years old so his actual age was 70.  I had him for 10 full years.  When I lost both of my dogs - had to be put down - Railroad was there to help me heal up from the loss of my two dogs...he came into my life just at the right time.  Railroad got along really good with my German Shepherd - in fact - they were best of buddies - Railroad would lay up against Chewy's belly and go right to sleep.  My Boston Terrier - Peanut - that is a different story altogether - part of the time they got along and other times they did not so I would just put Peanut in the bedroom and shut the door until he got calm down and than I would let him out of the bedroom.  He had to go and apologize to Railroad...LOL. 

As of yesterday I am doing better - I still have my crying moments in the mornings but eventually I will get over that too.  I am so very thankful that Railroad did not have to suffer long cause his crying out just broke my heart in half and it was so very heart breaking to listen to him crying out and there was nothing that I could do.  I did take a wet warm wash cloth and rub his back and his face and that help him a little but not much.  I tried so very hard to make him as comfortable as I could.  I felt so sorry for him. 

The night before - last Thursday Night - that little stinker decided to dump his cat litter box upside down onto the floor and Cat Litter flew everywhere.  Oh he was being so dang orniery on Thursday and Thursday Night.  He was being himself all the way up to last Friday Morning.  He is not suffering anymore and I an so very thankful for that.  I can't stand to see animals suffer.

My Beloved Railroad is now up in Kitty Kat Heaven and I am sure that he is being just as orniery up there as he was down here on Earth.  I told him to behave himself up there -well you know how that goes...LOL...

The Good News is this - I am getting a 3 month old Kitty tomorrow morning - Wednesday Oct 11th.  He is another Tabby Color Kitty - just like what Railroad was - and he was born on July 6th 2017.  He is three months old now.  I named him Butters.  I am so very excited about getting Butters. 

Here is the funny thing about this: 

Railroad found me on July 7th 10 years ago - Railroad's Birthday is on July 7th -   Butters was born on July 6th 2017.  A Day apart only in different years.  What a coincidence huh? 

God sure has a way of doing things and taking care of us when we need it the most.  Butters could not have come in a better time than now.  He will help me heal over the loss of my Beloved Railroad.  Butters will not be Railroad but at least I will have him to spoil and to cuddle and so on just like I did with Railroad.  I will always hold a special place in my broken heart of Railroad - he will always be part of me for the rest of my life and the love of my life.  It was so very difficult to let go of Railroad last Friday Morning at the Vet's.  I spent some time with him before I said my final goodbye to him. 

Once I get Butters I think I will start to feel better because I will have another kitty to hold, to give kisses to, to hug, and to take one million pictures of him. 

Everybody was really worried about me because I was so upset and I just wanted to die last weekend when Railroad passed away last Friday.  He was part of me - we loved each other and whenever I was sick or something he would not leave my side.  He was with me at all times.  He followed me in every room that I went to.  He was my side kick.  He was the love of my life. 

When I get my new kitty - Mr. Butters - tomorrow morning - I will take a picture of him and post it here on my Blog.  He so reminds me of Railroad due to his colors. 

May You Rest In Peace my Beloved Railroad - I will love you forever and you will always hold a special place in my Heart!

Take care
Linda K

9 comments:

  1. I am sooo very sorry for your loss and I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending big hugs to you from Texas. So sorry for your loss. We are happy that you are getting a new fur baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs Linda, I know how much Railroad meant to you xxxx
    I look forward to meeting Mr Butters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for your loss Linda. He sounds like a very special friend. Perhaps you could stitch something in memory of him?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, I am so sorry for the loss of Railroad. I can remember when you got him. Remember the happiness he brought you when you are feeling down.

    I am so happy that you are getting a new kitty. I hope Buttercup brings you many years of happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, I'm so sorry for your kitty loss! It is always a very difficult time. It's amazing how they paw their way into our hearts. Butters sounds like a good companion. Kittens are always such a handful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. {{hugs} Linda, its always so sad when we loose a much loved pet.
    I hope your new furry friend soon settles in and you become the best of friends.

    ReplyDelete