Sunday, July 23, 2017

Finished Photo of my Crochet Baby Blanket, Other News

Crochet Baby Blanket - Crochet by Me - Sunday July 23, 2-17

Crochet Baby Blanket 

Size J Crochet Hook

Single and Chain Stiches

2 Skeins of Baby Soft Yarn

I have been crocheting on this on and off over the last couple of months and as of 2 a.m. this morning I finished it.  This is for a Preemie - Small Baby.  The Pattern is real easy.  All it is is Single Crochet and Chain Stitches and that is it.  

This Photo does not do the Colors Justice at all.  The colors are:  Blues,  Greens,  Yellows, White, and Pinks.  I made it out of two Skeins of Varigated Baby Soft Yarn.  They are two different Skeins so all of the colors for a Baby are in my Crochet Baby Blanket.  I dearly love this Pattern.  

My Church helps with the Women's Care Center so I am donating this to them.  We have Baby Items in a Baby Carriage at my Church in the Narthex and that is where all of the Baby Items that people bring are at.  Than next month all of these Baby Items will be taken to the Women's Care Center for them to use for their Babies.  

My next Crochet Project is going to be a Granny Square Afghan.  A good friend of mine who lost her eye sight due to terrible eye disease which right now I can't think of the name of it but I inherited all of her Crocheting Stuff that she ever had.  She started to make Granny Squares and she did not get to finish making them so I now have them and I want to finish making the rest of the Granny Squares that I bought the yarn for and put it together as a Afghan.  I got all of her Crocheting Stuff a few days before she passed away.  I really miss her.  She was a heart of gold sweet caring loving elderly lady.  I want to finish the Afghan in Memory of Her and I am going to keep the Afghan when I am done with making it.  I love sitting and Crocheting.  I mostly do that during the Winter Months but I had to get this Baby Blanket done since I only had til August 6th to get this one finished.  


I want to thank each and everyone of you for leaving comments on my last post about my Friend passing away.  Its still hard to see his Pick Up Truck sitting in front of their Garage knowing that that Truck will never be the same again.  I still get choked up once in a while over him passing away.  Thank you so very much for your beautiful comments.  


My Book that I am Currently Reading is called "Coming Home" by Rosamunde Pilcher.  This has 934 Pages to it and as of yesterday morning I am on Page 530.  I am reading this on my Kindle Tablet.  This is the only Book that I am currently reading.  


My area has been having extreme Hot Humid Weather plus lots of Storms.  I have a Window Air Conditioner in my Bedroom so I spend most of my time in my Bedroom.  I have all of the Ceiling Fans going plus a Box Fan going in the Living Room which does help especially at night after the Sun goes down and the air gets cooler.  Next Spring I am getting Central Air put in.  My Dad had Central Air and Central Heat up until they both died on me so at the time I could only get the Furnance put in since it was Winter Time several years ago and I could not do the Air Conditioning due to Finances.  At the time it was more important to put the Furnance In since it was Winter Time than it was to put in the Central Air.  


I think this will do it for now.  Again...Thanks for all of your beautiful Comments.

God Bless You
Love & Prayers
Linda K, Railroad

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful blanket Linda. I love your idea of finishing the granny squares in memory of your friend.
    Hope you can stay cool, that heat sounds terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely blanket, our charity knit group is making blankets for the childrens hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Linda. Love your baby afghan and what a neat way for your church to reach out into the community. I may talk with our pastor here to see if we could do something like that. Most of the country is suffering with all the heat and humidity, and we're looking forward to a cool front coming in. At least some rain. It has been a hard month. I didn't realize Linda, that I wasn't listed under your followers. I've followed you by email for a long time I know, but just joined under followers. Have a wonderful day full of blessings my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete