Saturday, December 2, 2017

Been So Busy Lately

Dear Friends

    Today is the second day of December...where has this year gone to?  I think it went out in Space somewhere! 

    I have not had any time to post any pictures of my stitching lately...I have been so busy since Thanksgiving and before that as well too.  Maybe Monday I can post my progress pictures after I get back home from the Church Ladies Breakfast. 

I had a very Good Thanksgiving with my brother and his wife and my Niece and Nephews and Great Nephews as well. 

I have been reading 16th Seduction by James Patterson on my Kindle through the Overdrive App through my Library.  I am half way done with this.  This is my main book that I am currently reading right now.  I am not sure what I am going to read next.  I will be done with this by the end of this coming week.  I love the Overdrive App.  It is so wonderful to use.  I don't have to get in my car and drive to the Library to get my books.  I have enough Physical Books both in Paperback and in Hard Back to read here at home too.  I only have 400 some books on the Wish List through the Overdrive through my Library that I want to read and most of them are Waiting List so they will let me know when a book is available and than I can download the book and read it.  Where I live at we get real bad Winters like from December - February and sometimes March so I don't like to get out and drive when it is really bad out.  Although my Library is only about 6 blocks away the way I have to go to get to my local Library its the streets and than the highway and they get real slippery during the Winter Time.  You can also see What Is New too on the Overdrive App when they get new books in cause they are constantly getting new books in all of the time on the Overdrive App.  I love it...Oh did I say that already. 

Buttercup - my kitty - is doing really well now..he is so full of energy and Orniery too.  He is getting bigger by the minute and he is getting a slight tad heavier too.  He loves to be carried around the house and when he wants to be held he will start meowing like crazy.  He loves to be cuddled at night in his Fleece Blanket and held like a baby.  I just love him to death. 

I have taken over doing the Card Ministry in the Lydia Circle which I belong to through my Church.  We - The Lydia Circle Ladies and Gentleman - My Pastor comes to the Lydia Circle Meetings along with his wife - we send cards out once a month except for January and February due to the weather to to our Congregation - like a Thinking of You - Get Well - Sympathy - Christmas Cards - Easter Cards - Thanksgiving Cards - type of cards - to our Shut Ins - the lady that was in charge of this she doesn't want to do it anymore - she has the beginning stages of Dementia - and she ask me if I would be willing to help out with this and I said Yes I would love to.  Me and the lady that was in Charge of this - and another lady from my church we met over at the church on Thursday and we made out 53 Cards altogether to send to the people of our Congregation.  Than she turn everything over to me than and I took it all home.  It was all in a great big Cloth Pretty Carrying Bag. 

So than for the last three days I have been working on the Cards that was not done yet and I have Addressed all of the Envelopes for those Cards and put Stamps on them and Return Address Labels which I am using hers for this month and than in March when we do cards again I have my own Address Labels made up with a St. Patty's Clover Leaf on each of my Return Address Label which looks really neat.  I love it...what can I say.  I re-did the Church Directory List on my own computer so I can read it and so I would have everybody's addresses that I might send cards too.  I took all of the Boxes of Cards out of the Bags and I put them all on my Shelf  in my Office.  I have a Card Table all set up here in my office that I can sit down to and do cards and so forth.  I am going to get me a Three Ring Binder to keep the pocket folders in plus my Church Directory and than I can put the Cards in the Pocket Folders for each Month except for January and February.  I pretty much have this all organized now like I want it and it will be easier on me as well too.  Than I take the cards that I have done and put them in a little Bath & Body Works Carrying Bag and I take that Bag to the Lydia Circle and than we all sign our names to the Cards.  Than the next day I take those Cards to the Post Office and I mail them out. 

I got the worst part of it done now which I am so very Thankful that I do.  I don't have to do anything now until Wednesday when I go to the Lydia Circle at my church and take the Cards for everyone to sign and than I will take them to the Post Office the next morning. 

Thank you all for all of your beautiful comments.  I really appreciate them so very much. 

I think that is all for now...

Take Care

God Bless You
Love & Prayers
Linda K, Buttercup 

1 comment:

  1. You have been busy that is for sure! Buttercup tickles me that little stinker!

    ReplyDelete