Saturday, August 13, 2016

Silver Moon Tea Progress Photo

Silver Moon Tea - Mirabilia - Nora Corbett - August 11, 2016

Silver Moon Tea

Mirabilia - Nora Corbett

28 Count Lugana - Isolde

2 x 2 Full Cross Stitch


This is my progress on Silver Moon Tea.  The ends that you see on top of my material...it is called Waste Knot Method.   I watched a You Tube Video on this and I love ending my threads this way.  I don't stretch my end of my threads as far as they tell you to in the Video.  What you do is that you bring your thread up to the top of your material just a little ways from where you have stop stitching like I have in this photo and make a slip knot with your threads on top of your material as close to the material as you can get it and you leave your ends sticking out on top of your material until you have stitch over the line of your thread on the back side and than you cut your threads that you have on top of your material just right underneath your knot. I hope that this makes sense to you.  This way you don't have no tail ends showing on your back side of your material.  

The Material - 28 Count Lugana - Isolde - is from Hand Dyed Fabrics by Stephanie Bishop.  I dearly love love this material.  It is so soft and easy to work with.  Its kind of a purplish-pinkish type colored of material.  The photo does not do it justice.  

This is my very first Mirabilia that I am doing and I love stitching the Mirabilias.  I have several patterns already that I want to stitch that are Mirabilia.  

I know what happen to all of my followers photos at the top of my Blog - you have to click on Next in order to see all of them...so only a few of you are showing up and than if I click on next and keep doing it that way than you will all show up.  I am glad that I got that problem solved.  I just wish all of you would show up all at once like it use to be.  

Thanks for looking...enjoy.... 

Love & Prayers
God Bless You
Linda K, Railroad

4 comments:

  1. That's a great start. Mirabilia has such beautiful designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice start with your Mirabilia! I wondered if I was the only with the disappearing Followers pictures. I started seeing that on everyone's blogs also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colours Linda. I've never heard of that method of finishing threads before.
    I'm sure all your followers are still here!

    ReplyDelete