Monday, February 9, 2015

Book Haul, Stitching, Weather

Hi Everyone

    I became a Member of Barnes * Noble.  I get free shipping and I get 10% taken off of my books.  I became a Member as of this month. 

   I placed my first order with them using my new Membership Number...I received my Book Packages in the Mail this past Saturday.  I received a total of 5 Books.  I would love to received more than that but I can only buy so many books per month.  Here is the titles and the Authors of the Books that I received from Barnes And Noble:

1. Picture Of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde - Classic

2.  Villette by Charlotte Bronte - Classic

3.  At The Drop Of A Hat - Jenn McKinlay - Mystery

4.  10th Anniversary - James Patterson - Mystery - this is the 10th book in the Women's Murder Club Series

5.  To Kill A Mockingbird by Haper Lee - Contemporary


I have finished reading Big Jack by J. D. Robb...this is a Mystery and it belongs to the Novella "In Death" Series.  There are lots of Novellas in this series and Big Jack is one of them.  This is a excellent Mystery to read and it is a real page turner.  I dearly love this book.  Once you start reading this book you can't hardly put it down.  I am collecting all of the Classics that I can get my hands on because I dearly love Classics and one of these times you won't be able to buy these in Physical Form.  I have about three more Charles Dickens Books to get and I am done now with Charlotte Bronte as  far as her books.  I now have all of her Books. 

Now I am reading "To Kill A Mockingbird" by Harper Lee.  I have also pre-ordered the new sequel to this as well from Barnes * Noble.  Its already paid for and I'm just waiting on this to come out.  I can't think the name of the title to the new one.  Something about a Watchman or something like that. 


Stitching News:

I have been stitching on Rocky Mountain Christmas by Marty Bell.  I am currently on Page 5 Row #4 which is a pretty darn easy row to be stitching.  I am really enjoying stitching this humungous confetti project. 


Weather:

We finally got a heat wave over the weekend....it got up to 43 degrees yesterday and it has melted most of the snow on the pavements and sidewalks...yeah.  I am so happy about that. 

Maybe next Sunday I can go to my church and to Sunday School and out to eat.  That is what I'm hoping for if there is no snow or ice on the pavement.  I am really missing my Church Family. 


Well that is all for now....

God Bless You
Love & Prayers
Linda K, Railroad

2 comments:

  1. Great collection of books you've purchased, I think a lot of people will be keen to read the new Harper Lee when it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good selection of books. I've read the first two and enjoyed both of them.

    ReplyDelete