Monday, November 17, 2014

Update On my Foot

Dear Friends

    Here is a update on my Foot.....

    The Swelling has gone down completely...no swelling around the broken bone area which is the Talus Bone.  The pain has subsided quite a bit...I don't hardly have anymore pain.  I am still wearing my walking boot and I am using my walker quite a bit - more so than my Knee Scooter.  The only time I use my Knee Scooter is when I have to go down to the Lounge in my Apt Bldg and that is it.  The Knee Scooter is more dangerous for me than useful.  My Knee is still red as fire and there is one spot next to my knee area that really hurts at the touch so I am staying off of it as much as I can.  I don't go down to the lounge hardly at all for right now.  If I do have to go down to the lounge than I will sit on the Knee Scooter and do it that way.

  I am feeling more like myself now and I am so thankful for that.  I am very thankful for all of your prayers and thoughts and well wishes for me.  Please keep them coming.  I am also very thankful for the swelling to go away and for the pain to be gone in my foot.  I hope and pray that means that it is healing. 

I have been stitching on my projects and reading a little bit each day.  I sleep a lot due to being physically worned out from having to use a walker and wearing my walking boot.  I try to sit in my chair with my feet up as much as possible.  The only time I have to get up is when I eat, and when I need to use the restroom and that is it. 

I missed my church's annual Thanksgiving Dinner yesterday at my church.  This is the first time that I have missed it in a very long long time. 

My Apt Bldg is having our Thanksgiving Dinner on Thursday of this week so I get to go to that via riding the Knee Scooter via sitting down on it and rolling myself to the lounge.  I am so looking forward to this.  I am fixing a Pumpkin Pie and than I'm bringing Cool Whip along with it. 

On Thanksgiving Day I am going to stay in my jammies all day long, read, stitch, and watch the Thanksgiving Day Parade.  I look forward to this every year. 

We got SNOW last night and through the night...only about a inch and that is about it.  It is only 25 Degrees outside as I am writing this. 

My Child - Mr. Railroad - is dead sound asleep in my chair...he sure loves to sleep in my chair when I am not sitting in it.  I think I will get him a kitty kat lazy boy chair just for him...LOL...but he will probably still sleep in MY CHAIR. 

Everyone have a Blessed Day or Evening

God Bless You
Love & Prayers
Linda K, Railroad

4 comments:

  1. Hi Linda, I'm so sorry to read of your terrible foot troubles, such pain & inconvenience for you. As you say, as long as it's healing, that's what matters, even if it's slow...
    Your stitching updates are amazing... I guess lots of stitching can get done when you're cooped up & feel like doing it!
    You take care & don't take any rubbish from that lady at the Doc office!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you're in pain :-( I hope and pray you continue to heal. Get some rest. Enjoy your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear that the foot is doing better Linda. I'm so happy that you will be joining me in Debbie's challenge next year. Will you be starting 31 or 59? I'm starting to get excited.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear that your foot is getting a bit better. I do know what you are going through. I had knee replacement last April. I did sleep a lot for a few weeks. I used the walker for about a month and then on to a cane. Just rest as much as you need to. Your Thanksgiving sounds very nice and quiet!

    ReplyDelete