Wednesday, September 24, 2014

What I am Reading and Finished Reading, Stitching, Quilting, Weather, Sunday School and Church

Dear Friends


    I have finished four books within the last two weeks and here is what I have read and finished:


1.  Little House On The Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder


2.  By The Shores of Silver Lake by Laura Ingalls Wilder


3.  The Mystery of the Lost Mine - The Boxcar Children's Mysteries Series by Gertrude Chandler Warner


4.  The Mystery of the Lost Village - The Boxcar Children's Mysteries Series by Gertrude Chandler Warner.


I just love reading Little House On the Prairie Books by Laura Ingalls Wilder.  These books are clean old fashion type family stories and that is what I love to read.  I have four more to read that I got from my Local Library and after I get these four read than I will have three more to read from this series and than I will have all of them read.  I wish there was more books like these out there to read. 


I am also reading "The Boxcar Children's Mysteries" Series too by Gertrude Chandler Warner.  I just love this series.  There is over 100 books in this series.  I have part of them in my own library but its more fun to go to the Library and get them.  I hope that my local library has all of these cause I dearly love them. 


I am going to be reading "The Mitford Years" by Jan Karon as soon as I get Little House On The Prairie Books read.  I have been wanting to read this series for a very long time.  There are 10 books to this series so far. 


I have been stitching on Rocky Mountain Christmas in the evenings.  On Thursdays and Fridays and Saturdays I work on my Spider Web Quilt.  I made another Spider Web Quilt Block the other day and so now I am on my 15th Block.  When I get to my 20th Block I am going to lay them out on my bed and see what I am at with them.  I am going to be adding Black 2 inch Sashing in between each set of 4 blocks going across and going down and than I am going to be adding a 2 inch border all the way around it as well.  I am hoping to get this done by the end of this year.  Than I can start on another Quilt! 


We have been having Indian Summer the last few days and I am so glad of that.  I can't wait til the trees starts to turn to their beautiful Fall Colors.  I just love Fall.  Fall is my favorite time of the year.  I will be taking lots of photos pretty soon of the trees. 


I will be posting pictures of my Quilt Blocks and Rocky Mountain Christmas over the weekend...


This past Sunday I went to my new Sunday School Class called "The Flock Sunday School Class" and I dearly love my new Sunday School Class.  We always mention prayer concerns at the beginning of the Class,  than we do our lesson, and we get out early for the most part too.  My new Sunday School Class is a full class and we ALWAYS have a Teacher for every Sunday.  I have been going to Sunday School all of my life since I started going to church and when there is only like 4 people that shows up with no teacher than it is time to go to a different Sunday School Class so that is what I did and I am so very thankful that I did.  I loved my other Sunday School Class too but hardly anybody shows up anymore and I need to be in a Sunday School Class where there is just more than 4 people and has a teacher every single Sunday and are on time as well.  This is so important to me.  I love going to my church and to Sunday School and I never ever miss unless I am sick or something.  I love my church dearly because we have all kinds of Activities during the week for the Adults as well as Children.  The Sermons are fantastic too.  It is so nice to get there on Sunday Mornings at 7 a.m. and have coffee ready, pour myself a cup of coffee, sit down, and visit with a few choir members before they start practicing and visit with the rest of the congregation as they are walking in and visit with them before our 8:30 worship service starts. 


Happy Fall Ya'll
God Bless You
Love & Prayers
Linda K, Railroad

No comments:

Post a Comment